Diabetes being a lifestyle disease is a lifetime problem. However, it has recently been proved that there are ways that can help you reverse the condition called. Diabetes can be reversed with the help of changes in lifestyle and the food we consume. However, this is a long process but with the help of Breathe Well-being one can fasten the process of diabetes reversal.
Diabetes is an incurable and lifelong disease. Though it is incurable, you can manage diabetes to live a healthy life. Diagnosis at the right stage helps in easy diabetes management. It will help the diabetes patients immediately start with diabetes medications to manage their blood sugar levels. They should also bring some lifestyle modifications to control blood sugar levels. Various lifestyle habits also help reverse diabetes permanently.
Tweak your lifestyle to reverse diabetes
Diabetes medications control the blood sugar levels, but they work better in combination with lifestyle changes. Therefore, if you aim to reverse diabetes permanently, you need to make essential lifestyle changes. It will let you manage your blood sugar levels for healthy living. Some lifestyle changes that help reverse diabetes are diet control and regular exercise. Here, you can read how diet changes and regular exercise affect diabetes.
- Maintain a healthy eating habit: Diet is at the heart of any diabetes plan. Your diet has a direct impact on your blood sugar levels. You need to avoid high carbohydrates and sugar-rich food as they can increase your blood sugar levels. Include more protein, fiber, and low-carbohydrate-rich foods in your meals to reverse diabetes.
- Know your food: When you have diabetes, you have to manage your blood sugar levels and keep a healthy weight. You can achieve both of these through a balanced diabetic diet. Therefore, you need to know about your food to eat right. Foods with a high glycemic index can raise blood sugar levels. Diabetes patients should avoid them. Check out the list of best fruits for diabetes and food items with a high glycemic index.
- Limit alcohol: Drinking alcoholic beverages are not healthy for diabetes patients. These contain a high amount of calories hence can increase blood sugar levels.
- Say no to high-carbs: Make sure whatever you are eating should have a low amount of carbohydrates. When you consume carbohydrates, your body converts them into glucose. Consuming more carbohydrates means more glucose in your blood. Therefore, avoid consuming high carbohydrates foods like processed and refined food items.
- Include more vegetables: Diabetes meal plans have two important factors. Rather than carbohydrates, such meal plans contain whole grain foods and more vegetables. Whole grain items and vegetables are of more nutritional value. They have less sugar, which prevents the rapid rise in blood sugar levels.
- Use spices: Many spices like cinnamon and cumin add flavors to your food. In addition to that, they help balance the blood sugar levels in your body. Therefore, increasing intake of such spices helps lower blood sugar levels and improves your health.
- Exercise regularly: Undoubtedly, exercise is the best way to stay healthy and fit. Regular exercise helps treat various health issues, including diabetes. People with diabetes and prediabetes should exercise regularly to maintain their blood sugar levels. When you exercise, the cells of your body become more insulin sensitive. Thus, they pull more glucose out of the blood and lower blood sugar levels.
- Exercises without equipment: It is not mandatory to have fancy equipment to exercise. You can walk, run, or swim. You can also do yoga, aerobic exercises, Zumba, or cycling. Exercises without equipment are low-impact exercises. They do not cause much strain to the muscles but promote better blood flow in different body parts.
- Exercises with equipment: Many pieces of equipment help exercise better. If you want to do high-impact exercises, you can join a gym or buy equipment to work out at home. You can exercise on a treadmill, indoor rower, power racks, or use resistance bands for a workout.
- Lose your weight: Diabetes reversal is directly related to weight loss. Fat in the liver and pancreas supports the development of diabetes type-2. When you lose this fat, your body balances the blood sugar levels and reverses diabetes. Diet control and exercise both help in weight loss. It would help if you were consistent with your weight loss diet and workout routine to witness your weight loss.
Lifestyle plays a vital role in defining your health. Diabetes is a lifestyle disorder, so if you modify your lifestyle, you can manage diabetes. You need to make some modifications to your diet to see the changes in your blood sugar levels. Regular exercises help improve the insulin sensitivity of beta cells in your body to control blood sugar. Weight loss is the ultimate change that you need to bring to your life to witness the positive effect on your health. Experts at Breathe Well Being provide the best lifestyle modification plans to help.
Make the changes that stick
It is arguably easier to make short-term changes in your lifestyle habits to improve your health. However, it requires a lot of effort and dedication to make those positive changes long-lasting. Many people give up having a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and their weight loss journey within a month or few. To help them up, here are a few tips through which they can make the changes that stick for long:
- Make an easy start: Start with easy ones when you need to start a new habit. The changes that you can bring easily require minimal mental or physical effort. Therefore, your behavior becomes a habit.
- Identify and respect your natural rhythm: Humans have the general tendency to feel more inclined to do certain things at certain times. In the morning, you will be more energetic than in the evening. Hence, a five-minute HIIT session is good to start your day. In the evening, you can do some gentle yoga.
- Celebrate your efforts: Give yourself cheers or pat your back whenever you make a healthy change in your life. This is highly effective in keeping yourself motivated to make more efforts to achieve your fitness and health goals.
Many people find it difficult to continue with their resolutions to maintain a healthy lifestyle. They often give up within a few days or months. They need to make an easy start to make it easier for them to continue for long. They can make a daily routine to do certain things and celebrate their small wins to boost morale.
Get rid of diabetes permanently
Diabetes medications and insulin are the tools that help manage blood sugar levels. In addition to these, your diet and exercise routine also plays a crucial role in managing blood sugar levels. However, if you want to get better results in less time, join the health wellness program of Breathe Well-being. It offers customized diabetes reversal programs to help people with diabetes. Such programs ensure to make them feel living without diabetes.
Make use of the diabetes management app
Keeping track of blood glucose levels is an important part of diabetes management. When you keep track of your blood glucose, you make sure that you consume fewer calories to achieve your health goals. These days, various smartphone apps are available that make diabetes management easy. These smartphone apps are convenient to monitor and record blood sugar levels. They are also helpful for tracking carbohydrate intake, A1C results, exercise, medications, and more.
Reverse diabetes permanently with medication
Once a person develops diabetes, it is important to keep the blood sugar levels under control. Metformin is one diabetes drug that lowers the blood sugar levels to normal without causing side effects. Few more diabetes medications are available to control blood sugar levels. You can consult with a doctor to start with diabetes medications. When you keep your blood sugar levels normal for a longer time, your diabetes can reverse easily.
Personal consultation to reverse diabetes permanently
Everyone has a different body and may react differently to the same treatment. Therefore, diabetes patients should get one on one consultations with their doctors. Breathe Well-being offers a world-class diabetes reversal program with the help of expert doctors. They provide personalized sessions to their diabetes patients to identify their cause of diabetes. After that, they customize the treatment programs to help them to reverse diabetes permanently.
People with prediabetes and diabetes can face serious health issues like neuropathy and lactic acidosis when their blood sugar levels are beyond normal. Since diabetes is a lifestyle disorder, tweaking some lifestyle habits help control diabetes. It also prevents related health complications from developing in the patients. Diet control, exercising, and diabetes medications can reverse diabetes. If you are consistent with these diabetes control methods, you can reverse your diabetes permanently.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment costs from various centers, and timely medical updates